price : $389.00
micromodul DJ2 is a small DJ controller of 2nd generation that contains everything you need for computer-based mixing in the usual layout
of a DJ-mixer. This controller differs from all other controllers on the market in that it is optimized for NI Traktor DJ-Studio. The
device offers all important controls for two decks like faders, EQ’s, transport and FX buttons. A joystick is nice to control two FX
(filter) parameters simultaneously. Another strength of the DJ2 is the possibility of sensitive pitching by two encoders. These encoders
are multifunctional so you can browse in the track list, load tracks, seek/scratch in tracks and either adjust the gain. As of Traktor
DJ-Studio version 2.1, you can use the DJ2 immediately by using the different setting files which are shipped with the controller.
Modern Djing – without carrying heavy vinyl-cases! ;-)
While the DJ2 offers all main functions, our DX2 complements it with all the additional buttons for loop control, a
full FX section (4 pots + 4 buttons) and 5 encoders for pitching/seek/scratch/list/load. DJ2 and DX2 are a really great team. Use two
devices DJ2/DX2 if you want to play a four-deck-set (Traktor DJ Studio 3.0). It is very easy to chain the devices by midi connections.
The DJ2 can also be used with other programs. We even made a special configuration file for Ableton Live as of version 4.1 which is just
as fun. You can not program the DJ2 or assign controller numbers or key numbers, but you rarely need this function with current programs.
The DJ2 is very compact and easy to transport, and you do not even need any power adaptors since it works with standard and rechargeable
- Special DJ-controller optimized for Native Instruments Traktor DJ Studio
- Setup files for Traktor DJ Studio as of version 2.1 and Ableton Live as of version 4.1 are shipped with the controller
- Independent of operating system and computer type (PC or Mac) due to the midi interface (no driver necessary)
- DJ-mixer layout – crossfader, 2 line faders, 6 EQ pots and cue/monitor control
- Joystick for innovative FX control (2 groups FX1/FX2)
- Additional FX control by switchable double functions on EQ pots
- 2 Multifunctional encoders to select/load tracks, seek/scratch, gain and pitch function
- 20 freely reassignable, double-function buttons (transport, pitch bend, FX and kill buttons for each deck)
- Fadermute for all controls by holding down the instrument’s SHIFT button.
- Independent power supply by standard or rechargeable batteries 3 x AA cell, lifetime about 80 hours
- LED battery control
- Socket for an external power adaptor (4.5-6V DC - min. 50 mA)
- Midi-merge function
- Very compact design in a black, plastic casing (desktop format 180x105x70 mm, 450 g)
- Silver aluminium front plate with an anodised coating (abrasion resistant) and inscriptions
- 11 LED’s in different colors to display various information (low basic lights of all LED’s for better orientation in dark club atmosphere)
- High-quality faders, pots, and encoders from ALPS
- Expandable system by other micromodul controllers (easy chaining by midi connections)
- Compatible to the 1st micromodul line (same cc/note numbers like DJ1)