price : $319.00
announced at winter namm 2006, the halo chorus is a new combination delay/pitch modulation/phase modulation chorus design with autoconfigurable i/o for mono, mono in/stereo out, and stereo in/stereo out
click here for our first mp3 clip of the halo chorus, demonstrating halo controls all set at around 1 to 2 o'clock on the dials. the guitar used is a new american 70's strat, info the halo
chorus, then left channel out to a fender custom shop vibroverb reissue and right channel to a marshall 1974x reissue. the sample starts with a stereo recording of the two dry amps, then the halo switches in
for the remainder of the sample.
this second mp3 sample demonstrates the halo with a boss ev-5 expression pedal controlling the lfo speed. this sample used a tele into the halo into a silver face fender princeton reverb
and the marshall 1974x reissue. this sample has the halo on throughout its duration.
- parallel combination of delay / pitch modulation and phase modulation gives versatile control over modulation effects from light chorusing to deep 'vibey' swirl
- stereo operation gives wide stereo image spread while preserving the original guitar tone.
- nos mn3007 analog bucket brigade chip running at 15v rails for extended headroom.
- dual opto 'vibe' phase modulation path also running at 15v rails.
- all analog circuitry.
- autoconfigures for mono, mono in / stereo out, and stereo in / stereo out operation.
- pure sinusoidal lfo using a dedicated function generator ic for smooth modulation with variable 'speed' and chorus pitch modulation depth 'ch depth'
- 'ch mix' and 'pm mix' controls allows independent control of chorus and phase modulation mix levels in both mono and stereo configurations.
- kill-dry switch for parallel fx loop operation or use of chorus path for pure vibrato.
- mono input signal passed through to both outputs on bypass.
- phase switch to invert phase of right channel output relative to left.
- led indication of lfo speed.
- expression pedal control of lfo speed.
- same vishay jfet / audiophile burrbrown opamp signal path as in memory lane delay.
- telecom grade relay switched true bypass operation on all inputs and outputs.
- internally regulated to 15v, can be run from provided 24v adapter or from 18v pedal board power supply outputs (including y-cable
- powering from 2 9v outputs on the voodoo labs pedal power 2 plus).
- genuine hammond cast aluminium 4.7 x 4.7 x 1.0 inch case.
the diagram below shows the signal path and user controls (ch depth, speed, pm mix and ch mix) of the halo chorus in mono in / stereo out mode.